Sunday 7 February 2016

I have turned 33

It's my birthday today! 33 is what we call 'Christ' years in Czech. Age when one is meant to be wise and mature, surely! 
I no longer have birthday parties but a quite dinner with my other half followed by a mahoosive slice of a cake (that bit never changes!).
The older I get the more I appreciate the little things in life, people in my life I am grateful for, my family, this beautiful planet we live on. Yes, material things are needed in life but I enjoy non material gifts even more. 
My present this year is a weekend trip to a yurt in Devon! How amazing?! It is totally right up my street, I love to get out of the city, reconnect with the nature and my inner self. I can't wait to chop up some wood for the log burner, play games by lantern light, read some books and wander through the woods and fields during the day (I am optimistically believing the weather will be nice). My man knows me well to get me such an amazing present! 
I've had a lazy day, walked in the park, had amazing lunch in Carluccio's (squash soup followed by a cappuccino and some raspberry almond tart yuminess - shout out to the lovely staff in Pinner who gaves us free coffees as they'd asked us to move tables to accommodate a larger group, how nice!). I've watched a romantic movie on Movies24 - why are they always so bad - and made pork chops with apple & horseradish cream, my childhood celebratory dish.
I am looking forward to my 33rd year of life, there are so many things I want to do this year and yurt camping is only a start!


No comments:

Post a Comment